Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My lecture: From Turing's Test to Turing's Tango



On March 7 2012 I have held a lecture at the Dutch conference Turing's Legacy:

                            "From Turing's Test to Turing's Tango".



In the first part of the lecture I have told the story of Alan Turing's life and work. In the second part I have told briefly about my new book Turing's Tango.

Click here to view my lecture in PDF-format.

There were five movies in my presentation that cannot be seen in this PDF-version. But you can view them by clicking on the links below:

1. Introduction to the Turing documentary made by Channel 4 (2011)

2. Demonstration of a Turing Machine

3. Turing Test and John Searle's Chinese room experiment

4. Interview with the computer HAL 9000 from the science fiction movie 2001: A Space Odyssey

5. Robotface Kismet